PhotoNext aims at establishing a state of the art technological platform in the field of Photonics able to address the innovation needs of the photonics companies. To this extent PhotoNext is there to support the companies in their challenge and opportunities generated by Industry 4.0:
- Consultant services in Photonics
- Assisted access to infrastructures and equipment
- Characterization of optical components and systems in telecom, sensing and production/inspection
The PhotoNext center is institutionally opened to collaboration with companies and research centers. In case of interest, please contact us.
NETWORK WITH COMPANIES
- TELECOM: Cisco, TIM, Ranovus, Huawei, AIM Infrarot-Module Gmbh.
- SENSING: Thales Alenia Space, Mecaer Aviation Group, Aviotec, Nanoracks, LMA, Airgloss, Orbital Solutions, ENI, RFI.
- COMPONENTS: Prima Electro, Prima Industrie, Bright Soultions, Convergent, nLight, Datalogic.
NETWORK WITH RESEARCH CENTERS
- INRIM - Photonic applicationd on the distribution of frequency mtrologic references.
- CNIT - Interactions with "Laboratorio Nazionale Comunicazioni Ottiche"
- CNIT - Interactiosn with FIBERS, "Laboratorio Nazionale Fibre Avanzate per Fotonica"
- DTU - Collaboration with Prof. Darko Zibar on Machine Learning application to Optical Communications
- University of Southampton: ultra-high bit rate transmission over hollow core optical fibers.
- Politecnico di Milano, Italy
- FORTH, Heraklion, Greece
- Cyprus University of Technology, Cyprus
- Universidat de Barcelona, Spain
- Politecnico de Catalunya, Spain
- Universidad Adolfo Ibanez - Santiago de Chile, Chile
- Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile - Santiago de Chile, Chile
- Univerdidad de Chile - Santiago de Chile, Chile
- Università di Cagliari, Italy
- Campus Biomedico Roma, Italy
- Politecnico di Milano, Italy - Diffuse optical spectroscopy on optical fibers
- Università di Padova, Italy: Quantum Dot Lasers directly grown on Silicon, GaN-based LEDs
- Università di Parma, Italy - new glass compositions and optical fiber sensing
- CNR-IEIIT: VCSEL
- Ben Gurion University, Bresheeva, Israel - LIDAR systems development
- Czech Academy of Science, Praga, Rep. Ceca - bioresorbable fiber testing
- Laser Zentrum Hannover, Hannover, Germania - eye safe optical amplifiers
- Tampere University, Tampere, Finland - novel sources and master oscillator power amplifiers
- Universitè de Paris Sud, Orsay, France - microstructuring of glasses using laser sources
- TUD: Technical University of Darmstadt, Germany - Self Generation of Optical Frequency Combs at optical communication wavelengt
- DTU: Denmark Technical University- collab. su Photonic Crystal Lasers
- Heriot-Watt University (UK): superluminescent LEDs
- Boston University: type-II superlattice infrared detectors
- Ulm University: VCSEL
- Chalmers University, Sweden: GaN-based VCSEL
RELATIONSHIPS WITH OTHER RESEARCH GRIOUPS @POLITO
In the following, we report a list of the current ongoing collaborations for which we received a formal interest for joint activity
- ENERTUN project
- POLITO internal reference: Prof. Marco Barla (DIST)
- Description of joint activities Enertun (170.93 kB)
- SENSING SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT
- POLITO internal reference: prof. Bartolomeo Montrucchio (DAUIN)
- Development of interrogation software and augmented reality for the management of structures and components.
- COMPOSITE STRUCTURES SENSING
- POLITO internal reference: prof. Giovanni Belingardi (DIMEAS)
- Measurement of stress and strain in fiber reinforced composites for automotive